September 15, 2018
Store Championship is the grand finale of the competitive Magic season.
So you've been playing at the store, working your way toward the Store Championship. You've battled with Temur Energy, crossed Approach of the Second Sun/Sunbird's Invocation off your bucket list, and even tried that weird Merfolk deck one crazy weekend.
You've earned your shot at the title of Store Championship!
Core 2019 Store Championship is a one-day tournament using the Standard format.
Standard format uses the two most recently-released blocks, as well as the current core set. When a new block is launched, the oldest block rotates out of the list. The following card sets are currently permitted in standard format:
- Core 2019
- Rivals of Ixalan
- Hour of Devastation
- Aether Revolt
Standard is also a constructed deck format, so the normal constructed rules apply:
- Your deck must be at least 60 cards
- Up to fifteen cards may be included in your sideboard, if you use one.
- Include no more than four copies of any individual card in your main deck and sideboard combined (except basic lands).
- There's no maximum deck size, as long as you can shuffle your deck in your hands unassisted.
- Players hould remember to bring their own method for tracking life totals, as well as tokens, card sleeves and counters.
The tournamnent will run in Swiss rounds with the number of rounds determined by player count.
Once the top 4 player are determined, the slate will be wiped clean and the top 4 players the will duel it out in a Battle of The Champions single elemination tournament!